The last month has seen growing public debate over the shambles of the Afghan war. The much-heralded counter-insurgency is failing and the Obama administration and its allies are killing more civilians than ever before. Winning hearts and minds, indeed. At such times,unembedded journalism and thinking is essential.
Compiled by Antony Loewenstein
In other news:
– Al Jazeera English’s Listening Post asked me to comment on the recent Wikileaks revelations about war crimes in Iraq.
– Exclusive report in Australian magazine Crikey on Australian troops working with the US on assassination squads in Afghanistan and beyond (and the furious establishment’s response). Sydney University Law Professor Ben Saul comments.
– Investigation in Australian magazine Crikey on local unions embracing boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel, an interview with union leader Paul Howes and Israel/Palestine.
– Appearance on ABC TV News24 talking about Afghanistan, 9/11 and drugs policy.
– Responses to the recent Independent Australian Jewish Voices ad in Australia and Zionist attack on pushing for BDS and one-state solution.
– ABC Online investigation into the Western media’s seduction by the regime in Sri Lanka.
– Appearance on ABC TV News24 discussiong gay marriage, asylum seekers and internet policy.
– Sydney 2SER Radio interview about the proposed $60 billion arms sale from the US to Saudi Arabia.
– During my recent visit to the Ubud Writers Festival in Bali, Indonesia, I interviewed well-known Australian author Christos Tsiolkas.
– Interview on British website Counterfire about Israel/Palestine.
– Interview on independent Australian radio program The Wire about suicides in immigration detention and the role of multinational Serco.
– Extract of a recent interview I conducted with leading US Jewish writer Norman Finkelstein talking about the two-state solution.
– Review of the extraordinary new film by director Julian Schnabel, Miral, that tells the Palestinian story from the 1948 Nakba onwards.
– Article in literary journal Overland on flailing US policy in the Middle East.
Antony’s Blog is worth logging into daily…. You can find it HERE